March 12, 2005

My Last Day at NSS I

6.00pm
Radio alarm on - Class 95. Open my eyes. Wait for my hand phone alarm to sound. Irritating “Meow!!?!” Wake up. Tidy up the bed. The Business Times. Brush my teeth. Wash my face. Breakfast. Change. Gel. Continue breakfast and Class 95. Open the door. Wear my shoes. Off to school.
This is my schedule in the morning for the past 2.5 months which I have grown accustomed to. So much so that I think I am going to adopt this schedule for some time to come. Waking up early in the morning makes me feel that I have the day in control.



6.40am
My journey to NSS begins. Although I am only kept half-awake by my radio tuner to the music and DJs of Class 95, I insist on walking to school. Firstly, it is more economical than taking a bus. Secondly, it is the morning breeze I get to enjoy. Thirdly, the sight, together with Class 95, along the journey contributes in waking the other half of me.

7.05am
I would reach school at around this time. This is always the time I use to sign in, even though I may be a couple of minutes earlier or later.
I reached school a few minutes earlier today.
Usually after signing in, Mr. K would be giving me my “lobang(s)” of the day. I am very willing to offer assistance. I still have to force a smile because at this time, I am at (remember?) warming up mode.

7.10am
The only day without having to teach in the first period is Friday. But not today, I am to cover the duties of my colleague-cum-JC junior.
Usually, without official teaching required in the first period, I can afford to relax until assembly time.

7.15am
Walk to the assembly area for flag-raising.
This morning, I went to Sec.1NB to borrow a student’s English file with contents updated completely. Found someone who has what I want. Great!

SCHOOL STARTS.

To be continued…

No comments: