June 21, 2005

Running Season

Posted by Hello


The second half of each year is what I call the running season because this is when all the high-profiled running and endurance races will be held.

Below are the events that are going to be held in the next half-year. For first-timers to endurance sports, I would recommend the Army Half Marathon (21km) and do sign up for the competitive run because you will get a medal when you complete the race. Two and a half month is enough to train for a half marathon.... if you are old or have a history of respiratory problems, consult a doctor before trying any stunts.

2-3 July*
Osim Singapore Triathlon Asian Championship

11 September*
Army Half Marathon & Sheares Bridge Run (21km, 10km)

October
Second Link Bridge Run (10km)

November
Swisstol The Stamford Vertical Marathon (73-storeys)

4 December*
Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon (42km, 21km, 10km)

On top of these, there are other corporate races like the SGX Bull Run and New Balance Aquathlon. The above-mentioned events, other than those marked with asterisks, are confirmed to be held. The rest are expected to be held based on my best knowledge of running events.

Wave hello or signal thumb-up if you happen to see me running around the north of Singapore these few months to train for the above events (Except Singapore Triathlon). I have participated in most of the above events and hopefully, with more time to train, I can complete them in a better timing. The training should also help me achieve the IPPT Gold which has evaded me since 18. This year would be my last to achieve the Gold award under Category X.

No comments: